Within the last couple days she has started referring to her "girlfriends." She says her girlfriends are in the car with us or want to play too. The best thing about her girlfriends is they always obey. Yesterday, when it was nap time, she marched right up the stairs at my mom's (ahead of me by a few minutes even!), and put her girlfriends to sleep. One was already asleep in grandma's bed, and the other climbed in the guest bed with her. Natalie fluffed a pillow for her and told her to lay down for their nap. Then I kissed Natalie goodnight, and left the room. No whining or putting up a fight or anything! Whohooo!
Later, I decided I should start to get to know her friends as she has really grown attached to them.
Me: Nattie, how many "girlfriends" do you have?
Natalie: Two
Me: What are their names?
Natalie: Natalie, both Natalie.
Me: Wow, that's gonna be confusing! :)
Tonight, at bath time Natalie told her "girlfriends" to make sure to get clean with her so they don't smell stinky! She washed them off and they played with her bathtime Cinderella and Ariel dolls.
Natalie: Momma, you have to dry my girlfriends too - get them a towel.
Me: They can share with you, right?
Natalie: Sure, that's fine.
(So I dried Natalie first.)
Natalie: Ok Mom, don't forget my girlfriends.
Natalie: Ok Mom, don't forget my girlfriends.
Me: (As I pretend to dry her friend's hair...)What color hair does this Natalie have?
Natalie: Blue - both blue.
Me: Really?
Natalie: Just like Cinderella. (Her bathtime Cinderella has streaks that change color in different water temperatures.)
Me: Neat! Don't get any big ideas girlie!
So off she ran to get her jammies on. Finding the winter jammies, she returns to my room telling me that the girlfriends might get cold tonight, so they are going to wear these ones! (She is already dressed in a footed fleece sleeper!) My oh my! This is the first time so far the girlfriends have made a not so good suggestion!
Anyway, FUN STUFF, these imaginary friends. I guess it could be worse. She could have crazy friends like these...

1 comment:
That is cute. Sierra had her imaginary friend Barbie and Barbie knew everything and had done everything. Dave B.
Post a Comment