So, being at home in our new home has left me with a little time on my hands. Natalie and I have fun while Zachary is at school.
I also have time to do crafty things. I learned to knit last year, but it is truely a cold weather hobby. This season I have knitted a few scarves, but also took on blankets - first for Zachary, then Natalie.
The shape and size of Zachary's is a little odd, but it is the perfect size to lay over his twin size bed. It covers the top perfectly. He loves having the extra layer. (Zachary is a blanket kid. He piles them up all warm and cozy. The funny thing is he gets hot and sweaty - even though he would never admit it.)
I bought the yarn for Natalie's on clearance - all of it for less than $7. Just the furry yarn alone would have cost me $25 or more at regular price! Her blanket is smaller, but covers her perfectly. Now she insists on lugging her "pink" and the new blanket all over the house!
I'm pretty proud of the final outcomes! (Of course I can't get the pics to upload!)
The time on my hands has left me looking for crafty things to do. I discovered some crafty blogs that have some great ideas and will surely be making some projects in the future. Their blogs inspired me to update my VERY NEGLECTED blog too. Enjoy the new look and links!
No comments:
Post a Comment