Saturday, March 10, 2007

This house has gone to the dogs...

Ok, nobody ever thought I'd ever have a dog. But I do. And, I sort of enjoy having Lady around. But I got to thinking she must be really bored when I am gone during the day. Sometimes we leave at 7:30 in the morning and are gone until 7:30 or 8:00 at night. So I told Jeremy we should get a friend for Lady. Like most of you, he couldn't believe what he was hearing out of MY mouth.


Last Sunday, we went back to Beagles and Buddies, http://beaglesandbuddies.com. I almost instantly was drawn toward a little dog, named Sissy. She was sweet and calm and she and Lady seemed to get along just fine. The kids and Jeremy were in agreement. So, we brought her home.
Here is a picture of Sissy on her first day at our house. She was really timid then, but it didn't take long for her to make herself at home. In fact, I think she has become the bossy dog. Last night, I put the dogs in the kitchen (where they sleep) and closed the baby gate. I checked on the kids and got myself ready for bed. I went back to turn off a light I had missed and noticed Sissy was in Lady's bed, but Lady was not in Sissy's bed. I looked past the kitchen to the laundry room and saw Lady had gathered the rug into a clump and was laying there on top of it. Not wanting her on my rug, I brought the vacant bed to her. Sissy didn't miss a beat and jumped out of Lady's bed and marched over to her own bed and laid down. Darn dog! I got both of the dogs in their beds in the kitchen and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, Sissy was in Lady's bed and Lady was back on my clumped up rug. We're gonna have to work on this.

I know when you have two dogs, one will take the dominant role. However, I wanted to do something good for Lady, and it seems rather than getting her a friend to play with, we got her a boss. I know I am the furthest thing from the Dog Whisperer, so perhaps I am making much more of this than I should.

1 comment:

The Houghton's said...

I can't believe KIM has TWO dogs...Wow you've really come along ways! :)