As parents we pray for the day that our children will trust Jesus as their Savior - TODAY is Zachary's day. Our precious boy, age 9, told us that he was lost and that (pointing up) he needed to be found by someone. Thinking this is one of his random thoughts or a bed time stall tactic, I asked him who he needed to be found by. He pointed up again. I asked him again. He said by God.
The conversation that followed made this mama proud! We talked about Jesus and what he did on the cross, why he did it, what does that mean, how do we get to heaven, and that God wants us to have a relationship with him daily. Zachary told us that he wants Jesus in his heart! So I asked him if he wanted to pray, and we bowed our heads. He looked up and said, "Mom, will you go first?" I told him I would help him with some words and he could just repeat them if that's what he believes. He said ok, and we bowed our heads again.
Then he started to pray, "Dear God, I want to have Jesus in my heart so I can see you... " He prayed the most beautiful prayer! I encouraged him along after a bit, but man, this kid gets it. It was so genuine and pure. I am so proud.
Afterward, I opened my eyes and he had a smile on his face from ear to ear. He said, "I feel so happy inside!"
And so, we rejoice with him. And Luke 15:10 tells us that the angels are rejoicing too! "There is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents."
No comments:
Post a Comment