Sunday, April 27, 2008

Who-hoo!

This weekend was amazing! :) Not only did I get some much needed time away with God and my best girl friends, but God gave me confirmation in the way of a sign with blinking lights to something that Jeremy and I have been talking, fighting, and praying about for months.

Jeremy's grandparents - AMAZING - gave us the "sign" in the form of a pink slip for my car. Yes, that's right, they paid off the Scion! Yesterday, they came to see Jeremy and presented him with a card that said, Happy Easter, Happy Birthday, Happy Valentine's Day, Merry Christmas, Happy Veteran's Day, Happy 4th of July, etc. It said - "The Little Car is Paid Off! Love Nana and Peepa!" HOLY COW! I can hardly believe their generousity. Thank you!

So, how is this my "blinking sign"? God has been working on my heart for several months in very subtle and very obvious ways that it is time once again to give up my full time job - to focus my time and energy on my beautiful family and devote more time to my part time job at the church. While there are many details still to be determined about the church job (for which you can be praying), I have known in my heart, that this is what I need to do - the right thing to do.

Long story short, of course giving up a full time job and the income it provides, can be a sacrifice and a risk. Thursday night, Jeremy and I decided it was time to take the step, but I wanted to spend time over the weekend just resting in God's presence and listening to his voice.

It was Saturday we got our "blinking sign" - so tomorrow I go to work filled with the confidence of the Lord ready to turn in my resignation. Yeah God! (If only you can see the smile on my face!)

So when I returned home from the retreat, I walked in the door to a freshly painted living room! Wow! Not only did Jeremy get to be daddy full time all weekend, but he also picked up a paint brush and roller and completely painted the living room! It was almost a year ago exactly that we bought the paint - and it has sat in the living room ever since! How is it that we couldn't make time for a whole year to do it, but my AMAZING husband made time to do it by himself while he had both kids! You go Jeremy! :)

And so, after several very challenging months for me, this weekend, I received some of the most amazing gifts! God is so good to me! Thank you Lord for an amazing weekend away in a beautiful hotel, amazing friends, lots of fun and laughter (you should see me doing the electric slide and the Boot Scootin' Boogie! - enough to make you laugh for an hour!), a spa pedicure, amazing reflection time on my relationship with God, my car paid off, confirmation of my decision to quit work, my living room painted, and finally a quiet evening alone with Jeremy!

With that, I challenge you to take time to thank God for the things he has given you. What blessings (even little ones like a pedicure) has he poured out on you? Take time to thank God for them. Hug the ones you love! And REST in the loving arms of your Savior.

2 comments:

Joi Copeland said...

Yay! Friend, that is so exciting! I am so thrilled for you! Awesome! I love it when God works in ways so unexpected! Love it!

Mia said...

I'm so happy for you and your family! God is awesome!!! Sounds like you had an incredible experience this weekend...how exciting!