My sister, Amy, and I have always loved to bake together. The more we do it, the better we work together. I almost feel like we are twins when we are in the kitchen together. We know what the other is thinking and seldom have to complete a whole sentence.
Before Christmas we had a GIANT baking day in Mom's beautiful kitchen. Stacy joined in on the fun too, along with two of Amy's good friends. Amy's friend, Sabrina, had NEVER baked before, so it was a lot of fun teaching her and watching her fall in love with our favorite hobby. That day we baked about 10 different kinds of cookies and at least a triple batch of each kind. I don't have pictures of that because my mom took pics that day. I will try to get them and update the blog later.
While we were baking that day, I thought how great it would be for us to open a bakery together. Of course, we can't do this while we have small kids, because of the amount of work involved. But one day.... we will have a bakery.
Though we aren't even close to being an official bakery, we had our first "client" a couple weeks ago. Kristi, our friend and neighbor we grew up with, asked us for advice for baby shower favors for a twins shower she was giving. She had a couple ideas, but cookies came to my mind. Amy and I tossed some ideas around and we gave her a description of what we could only see in our heads. She loved the idea and told us to go for it.
Here's what we came up with.
The faces on the cookie are pale green like peas and there are two cookies in the pod! We tied them up with "It's a Girl" ribbon.
What do you think? We aren't officially a bakery, but keep us in mind for any little projects you have. We love to do this kind of stuff!
1 comment:
Man, Kim those cookies look cute and dang delicious!! :) Can you tell I have been on a sugar bing lately!! Anywho, the look fabulous and I will definitely keep you in mind! :) Have a fantastic day!!
Beckie
Post a Comment