Please say a little prayer for my sweet Natalie. She has a respiratory viral infection. She vomitted much of the day on Wednesday. Wednesday night, Jeremy and I took her to the ER because she wasn't able to keep any fluids down. They gave her a suppository to help with the vomitting (which only sorta helped) and hooked her up to an IV for dehydration. The little girl was so good. I thought for sure while they were poking her, drawing blood and inserting the IV, she would be kicking and screaming. But she was so tired and weak, all she could do was lay there. We went home six hours later.
Yesterday, was better, but still she was running a fever most of the day - most of the day, she wore only a diaper. She slept, we visited the doctor, slept some more, experienced a few more suppositories (did you know they make Tylenol suppositories?). The hardest part is keeping her from drinking too much. She is only supposed to have water a few spoonfuls at a time, but she wants a whole come. Hearing her sweet little "drink, drink, drink..." all day, just breaks my heart.
Today she is keeping fluids down pretty well. We left the spoon in the drawer, and now I am giving her water in the sippy cup, just enough to cover the bottom of the cup. She is napping well, but still runs a slight fever. The fever is not as bad as yesterday, so today she gets to stay in her pjs.
I know she will be doing better soon, but please, say a little prayer for Natalie.
6 comments:
Well, I don't know you, but, I will pray for your little one. Both of my children have been hospitalized with the virus at different times. It is so hard to see your child like that. So, not only will I pray for your baby, I will pray for the Lord to give you an extra dose of strength and patience.
Blessings,
ANG
We are praying for you guys!
You are in my prayers and I hope everything turns out well and you guys get back to your normal routine. Miss you guys and hope everyone else is doing well. Give the kids a kiss for me!
Love, Adriana
Awww, Kim! There is nothing sadder than a sick kid! We're parying for you guys!
Hi Kim,
I'm so sorry for little Natalie. I will definetly pray for her. I feel so terrible for the little one. Charlie has been sick as well. I will definetly keep you guys in my prayers. I hope to talk to you soon.
It is so hard to see your little one sick... I know days have gone by now so I assume she is better ?? I am sorry she had to go threw that! Poor thing!
Post a Comment