Jeremy and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on August 16th! We are so blessed to have a happy marriage.
We celebrated with lunch at Club 33 at Disneyland. For those that don't know, Club 33 is an exclusive "Members-Only" restaurant. We have wanted to go for years, but never knew anyone who was a member, until recently. Jeremy has a contact at work who is a member and generously offered to make reservations for us!
The entrance is right outside the exit to Pirates. You ring a doorbell and through the intercom they confirm your reservation. You are then buzzed in and get to ride the "French-lift" (old elevator) up to the second floor. You cross over the walkway below and the restaurant is actually overlooking the water. We were seated right up next to the window! It was fun to watch the people passing by, totally unaware of the awesome dining experience above.
The service is top notch. They addressed Jeremy as Mr. Canell when they seated us! (I'm used to Mr. Jeremy!) Anyway, we decided to order one beef and one chicken dish and share, but Jeremy certainly got the better plate with the beef. Dessert is served as an all you can eat buffet of gourmet yummy things - mostly bite-size (or two, maybe three bites) so that you can sample them all.
Here's the bummer thing... As we were walking over to the restaurant from the Finding Nemo Submarine ride (very cool by the way!), I got a migrane. I bought some Advil, but it was already too late. (Once a migrane starts, there is no stopping it!) I tried my best not to complain about my head and really tried to enjoy our lunch, but it was hard. With me, the only cure for a migrane is to throw-up. (Sorry, I know it's yucky!) Knowing that was in-store, I hesitated to eat at all, but Jeremy knew it was really bad when I passed up the dessert bar! (I couldn't help but take a bite of a cheesecake!) Before we left the restaurant, I was on the way to recovery, so we mosied on over to CA Adventure to ride Soaring over CA - Jeremy's favorite ride. After that we hit the theater at Downtown Disney to see Bourne Ultimatium.
All in all we had a great day. It was a fun celebration of the past ten years, and a chance to dream and plan about the next ten, and the next, and the next...
I love you Jeremy!
1 comment:
Wow! I can't believe it's been so long! Way to go guys! What a blessing!
-Mindi
Post a Comment