I just can't hardly believe it. My Zachary is a BIG 3rd grader already! I remember when I took him to preschool for the first time. I expected him to be at least slightly phased by my leaving him or at least by the new surroundings, but nope. I didn't even get a "Bye Mom" that day. He was so excited to play with all the new things and new kids.
Zachary's first day of 3rd grade was just a little hard for me too. He was fine - As I would expect that he be. However, it was harder for me to leave him this year than the last two years, because I am working full-time now. No more opportunities to help out on picture day or go on field trips (maybe I can still do that).
The night before school started I read him "The Kissing Hand" just as I did before he started kindergarten. And as I kissed him at school, I just thought, "Wow, how my baby is growing up!" I am so proud of him! I love that kid!
And so, I pray that he would have a good year - that he would learn as much as he can - make good friends - and become more and more who God created him to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment